Charlotte conference notes and meeting minutes are posted under CONFERENCES. Congratulations to Marty Phillips the new President and to Matt Harris, the new Vice President.
Notification of Death
If any member knows of the death of an active or past Agent (of the association or not) or, their spouse, please contact Jim Echoff. He will then send a sympathy card on behalf of CGIA Officers and Members. This will only work, if you the membership participate. It will also help, if you can send along the address of any non-member of the association, who has passed. All this information, will help keep the “Crossed the Bar,” list current. Jim can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 916-201-9006 (if no answer, leave voice mail).
2018 Conference Charlotte, NC
This years CGIA Reunion Conference will be held in Charlotte, North Carolina.
* Conference Registration is $75, guest fee to attend the Saturday banquet is $32
* We'll meet for check-in on Thursday, 4 October then check-out Sunday, 7 October, 2018.
* Our host hotel will be Hyatt Place Charlotte Lake Pointe, 4119 South Steam Blvd., Charlotte, NC 28217.
* Room rate will be $109 + 15.25%(taxes) per night, single or double.
* Reservations may be made by calling 1-888-492-8847; our group rate name is Coast Guard Association.
* Our schedule will include a dining out on Thursday evening, our business meeting on Friday morning, and our banquet on Saturday evening. Other optional group activities are being explored.
The Hyatt Place Charlotte Lake Pointe is located very close to the Charlotte International Airport(CLT) and offers a free shuttle van for guests, available by calling the hotel desk at 704-357-8555. The shuttle van is available except from about 0200 to 0500. We are also planning to have our own group van available to augment the hotel van.
The Hyatt Place promises to be an excellent venue for our gathering. They offer an included full breakfast buffet for registered guests and a fully stocked cash bar offering light snacks and soft & hard beverages. Our meeting room is located directly off the lobby, so all services are close and convenient. Our Thursday evening dining out will be at the Jocks & Jills Sports Grill (jocksandjills.com) which is located about a 50 yard walk from the main entrance to our hotel. Our Saturday evening banquet will be Italian fare served buffet style by the hotel.
Some of Charlotte's best known activities include the NASCAR Hall Of Fame (nascarhall.com), the Billy Graham Library (billygrahamlibrary.org), the U.S. National Whitewater Center (usnwc.org), the Carowinds Amusement Park (carowinds.com), indoor Kart Racing at K1-Speed (k1speed.com) and outdoor Kart Racing at The Speed Park (thespeedpark.com). You're encouraged to check out the websites for each of these activities as they all offer a complete experience. There are several large shopping malls near by if that's your pleasure.